Regional chain brings online grocery service to more Inland Empire stores
Jul 23, 2018 -- Stater Bros. Markets has rolled out same-day grocery delivery via Instacart at its stores in the Inland Empire communities of Bloomington, Fontana, Grand Terrace, Rialto and San Bernardino, Calif.
The Southern California supermarket chain said customer access to the online grocery marketplace now covers another 15 ZIP codes.
Stater Bros. has been steadily expanding Instacart’s service to its stores over the past two years, most recently in the Yucca Valley, San Clemente, Phelan and San Gabriel Valley areas as well as in Los Angeles.
Overall, the San Bernardino-based grocer operates 171 supermarkets in the region.
“Now our valued customers can enjoy that same great quality and take advantage of our everyday low prices while shopping from the convenience of their home,” Stater Bros. Chief Executive Officer Pete Van Helden said in a statement on the retailer’s latest Instacart expansion.
Stater Bros.’ customers access the Instacart home delivery service at Instacart.com/Stater-Bros or through the Instacart app, fill a virtual cart with groceries and then select a delivery time. Instacart personal shoppers pick the items at Stater Bros. stores and deliver the orders to customers’ doors.
All Instacart orders must exceed $10, Stater Bros. said. The fee is $5.99 for delivery within two hours and $7.99 for delivery within one hour for orders over $35. The grocer noted that its Instant Savings, Digital Deals and When You Buy promotional offers aren’t available via Instacart’s online grocery service.
Same-day delivery is available for an annual or monthly fee with an Instacart Express membership, and customers are being offered a free two-week trial.
“Partnering with the best local grocery retailers is a cornerstone of our business,” stated Andrew Nodes, vice president of retail accounts for San Francisco-based Instacart. “Stater Bros. is a beloved brand, and we are proud of this partnership that allows us to bring customers a whole new range of products with delivery in as little as an hour.”
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, Northern CA - December 5, 2018
- Northern California Retail Food Negotiations Update – November 8, 2018
- UFCW 8 Reaches Tentative Agreement for Yosemite Wholesale and Save Mart Office contracts
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 24, 2018
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 12, 2018
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015