October 10, 2013 - Save Mart and Lucky Stores have signed a contract extension agreement covering all of their retail food stores in our jurisdiction.
July 19, 2013
TO: Raley’s, Bel Air and Nob Hill Members
Dear Sisters and Brothers:
I am extremely pleased to inform you the Arbitrator in the Raley’s arbitration over Holiday and Sunday Premium pay has decided in favor of the Union.
The Arbitrator decided Raley’s was obligated to pay Holiday and Sunday premium pay to bargaining unit employees during the period extending from November 4, 2012, to January 2, 2013. The Arbitrator ordered:
- Employer shall pay Holiday and Sunday premiums to eligible bargaining unit members during the period extending from November 4, 2012, through January 2, 2013.
- Pursuant to Section 18.7 of the Collective Bargaining Agreements, interest at a rate of seven percent (7%) shall be awarded on all unpaid premium pay.
- In accordance with Section 18.5 of the Collective Bargaining Agreements, the Employer is determined to be the losing party and therefore shall be required to pay all jointly incurred arbitration expenses.
At this time, we are working to determine when Raley’s will be paying the money owed. In the meantime, if you worked on a Sunday or Holiday during the time period referenced in the decision, please keep your pay stubs in case there is any discrepancy in payment. We will keep you informed regarding further details.
Thank you for standing strong in support of your Union. Once again, we have proven….SOLIDARITY WORKS!!!
Although we were scheduled to count the votes for the tentative agreement today - with the assistance of several members employed by Raley’s and Bel Air, we have now impounded the ballots pending the resolution of outstanding grievances. The grievances are based on the premature implementation of the terms of the tentative agreement and violation of the strike settlement agreement.
- Save Mart Negotiations Update, Nov. 15, 2013
- Save Mart Signs Contract Extension; Includes Lucky Stores
- Raley’s Arbitration Over Holiday and Sunday Premium Pay
- Raley's and Bel Air Ballots Impounded Pending Grievances
- Safeway Tentative Agreement Preserves Affordable Health Care
- Raley's Landmark Tentative Agreement Preserves Affordable Health Care