UFCW 8-Golden State is pleased to report the ballots have been counted and Save Mart / Lucky members have a new ratified contract covering their wages benefits and working conditions.
The terms of this new agreement are effective retroactively to November 17, 2014. This contract is the result of more than a year of negotiations which affects some 5,500 Union members throughout Central and Northern California.
Some of the key highlights include:
- Returns, by seniority, the majority of the previously reduced Senior Clerks to $21.13 an hour and Senior Key Carriers to $21.31 an hour, remaining Senior Clerks are placed in progression steps going up to $18.50 an hour.
- Employees currently earning $16.13 an hour will increase to $16.50, with progressions to $18.50.
- Signing bonus to those not receiving an hourly increase.
- Provides a Full-Time 45% ratio of combined grandfathered Senior Clerks and Multi-Purpose Clerks.
- Contractual guaranteed 10% discount on employee purchases.
- Additional Quarterly Bonus opportunities based upon the same formula as store management.
- Schedule selection by seniority for full and part time employees.
- Consecutive days off for full-time workers
It's the support of the membership that made this landmark contract possible.
Thank you again for proving ... Solidarity Works!