January 30, 2017, By TOM MURPHY, The Associated Press - Walgreens substantially lowered its offering price for drugstore rival Rite Aid and, facing resistance from U.S. regulators, raised the number of stores it would be willing to unload to ease monopoly concerns.
Jan 17, 2017 - Back in the day, one person in a household did the bulk of the grocery shopping, but today's culture has shifted drastically. Now households are largely sharing grocery shopping duties, and that’s changing what grocers need to offer.
ROSEVILLE, CA (Friday, January 13, 2017) — After lengthy and complex negotiations, UFCW 8-Golden State has reached tentative agreements for members working at both Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx in Northern California.
January 3, 2017 • 5 min read by Bob Sullivan -- Next time you run to the grocery store for bread and milk, you might find yourself staying for a champagne tasting. Or seduced by Comice Pears. Or perhaps you’ll just stay home and cook the elicoidali pasta and mascarpone cheese from your Blue Apron box.
- What is fueling grocery consolidation?
- Minimum wage set to rise in 19 states
- Walgreens Rite Aid to sell 865 stores to Fred's Inc.
- Employers nationwide gave raises to avoid paying overtime. Now they're taking them back.
- Is Some Store-Bought Meat Blasted With Carbon Monoxide to Keep it Red and Juicy?
- Albertsons in advanced talks to buy Price Chopper
- Wal-Mart Loses Pay Fight With California Truck Drivers
- Albertsons getting rid of most self-checkout lanes at Southern California stores
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update - June 25, 2015
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, May 1, 2015
- Raley’s and Safeway Negotiation Update, March 5, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update, October 29, 2014
- Negotiations Update for Save Mart/Lucky and Safeway/Vons, October 10, 2014