After U.S. corporations got a big tax cut in December, a flurry of announcements touting bonuses and pay raises for hourly employees raised hopes that the cash windfall would keep flowing down to American workers.
The online giant has barely touched prices or anything else at Whole Foods.
By Sarah Halzack, April 3, 2018, 8:57 AM PDT-- When Amazon.com Inc. splashed out $13.7 billion last year to buy Whole Foods Market, there were myriad reasons for traditional supermarkets to feel threatened.
Amazon may put in a rival bid to acquire Bangalore-based Flipkart Online Services even as the Indian e-commerce market leader is in talks with Walmart for a majority stake sale, according to the Mint newspaper.
UFCW Fights to Improve the Pay and Quality of Life for the Workers Who Bring Value to Retailers and Customers
By: Chris Curry -- The members of the United Food & Commercial Workers International Union play an often-overlooked role in our daily lives.
- Online Groceries Are Having Their Moment
- Why Whole Foods employees are crying on the job
- What Amazon Does to Poor Cities
- Photos of raw meat delivery prompt investigation
- A robotics startup called 'Robomart' wants to replace Postmates and Instacart with self-driving grocery stores
- Retail workers' jobs are transforming as shoppers' habits change
- Food retail stocks poised for gains in 2018
- Labor Board Reverses Ruling That Helped Workers Fight Chains
- Retail Food Negotiation Update, Northern California - January 24, 2019
- Retail Food Negotiation Update, Northern California – December 18, 2018
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, Northern CA - December 5, 2018
- Northern California Retail Food Negotiations Update – November 8, 2018
- UFCW 8 Reaches Tentative Agreement for Yosemite Wholesale and Save Mart Office contracts
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 24, 2018
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 12, 2018
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015