Gawker.com - We receive quite a few stories from Wal-Mart employees about what life is like inside America's largest employer. But this one comes from a remarkable point of view: a longtime Walmart store manager, who vents in detail about how Walmart has systematically screwed employees over two decades.
Like all of our emails from Walmart employees, this one is anonymous, and represents one person's opinion. But the wealth of detail it contains about the company's management policies is remarkable. In particular, he discusses exactly how compensation and benefit policies have changed to the detriment of employees. We've bolded some of the parts we find most notable. Enjoy:
Negotiations continued slowly with Save Mart this past week. After presentation of a comprehensive package of proposals from the union, the company's responses illustrated they still have not taken seriously the needs and concerns our members have expressed are necessary to be met in order to achieve a new collective bargaining agreement.
January 7, 2014 - Save Mart has a new Director of Labor Relations in place and dates for negotiations are now scheduled throughout January.
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update - June 25, 2015
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, May 1, 2015
- Raley’s and Safeway Negotiation Update, March 5, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update, October 29, 2014
- Negotiations Update for Save Mart/Lucky and Safeway/Vons, October 10, 2014