Few movies can be billed as "important" or "historic" before they are even released. But this bio-film about the life and times of labor rights activist and organizer Cesar Chavez deserves those accolades. He is an iconic American hero who walked in sync with Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr. A homage to him is long overdue.
March 25, 2014 - While it is commonly thought that the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s was by, of and exclusively for the benefit of African Americans, the life and legacy of Cesar Chavez remind us of how much it touched the lives of our Latino brothers and sisters and oppressed people everywhere. A Mexican-American who was born March 31, 1927 on a farm near Yuma, Arizona, Chavez and his family moved to California in 1938 to eke out a living like thousands of other overworked and underpaid migrant farm workers in his community. But rather than tolerate the daily injustices heaped upon them, which also included forced child labor, sexual harassment of women workers and the use of pesticides harmful to both workers and consumers, Chavez devoted his life to organizing and improving the lives of migrant workers.
March 27, 2014 - The owners of 23 Domino's Pizza locations in New York agreed Thursday to pay workers nearly half a million dollars to settle a wage-theft investigation by the office of state Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman.
- Northwestern Football Ruling May Change U.S. College Sports
- Starbucks CEO backs minimum wage raise
- UFCW Local 540 Still Fighting For Laid Off Cargill Workers At Shuttered Plainview, Texas Plant
- Walmart CEO Acknowledges Lack of Opportunities for Workers
- President Obama, Flanked by UFCW Member, Pushes to Expand Overtime Pay
- Sodexo workers to vote on union next week
- Wal-Mart’s newest big lie: Another misleading ad campaign from a job-killing behemoth
- UFCW California Members Lobby Their Legislators
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, Northern CA - December 5, 2018
- Northern California Retail Food Negotiations Update – November 8, 2018
- UFCW 8 Reaches Tentative Agreement for Yosemite Wholesale and Save Mart Office contracts
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 24, 2018
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 12, 2018
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015