January 3, 2017 • 5 min read by Bob Sullivan -- Next time you run to the grocery store for bread and milk, you might find yourself staying for a champagne tasting. Or seduced by Comice Pears. Or perhaps you’ll just stay home and cook the elicoidali pasta and mascarpone cheese from your Blue Apron box.
Jan. 3, 2017 - When news hit last month that Albertsons Cos. is in advanced talks to acquire Price Chopper for approximately $1 billion — which would cement its status as the No. 2 grocer behind Kroger Co. — it wasn’t much of a surprise to anyone following the grocery industry.
ROSEVILLE, CALIF. (December 21, 2016) — Rite Aid and Walgreens have entered into an agreement with Fred's Pharmacy to sell 865 undisclosed stores in an attempt to satisfy antitrust concerns amid their pending merger. The exact locations, reported to be on the “East and West Coasts,” are not likely to be released until Federal Trade Commission (FTC) approval, which is expected sometime in 2017.
- Employers nationwide gave raises to avoid paying overtime. Now they're taking them back.
- Is Some Store-Bought Meat Blasted With Carbon Monoxide to Keep it Red and Juicy?
- Albertsons in advanced talks to buy Price Chopper
- Wal-Mart Loses Pay Fight With California Truck Drivers
- Albertsons getting rid of most self-checkout lanes at Southern California stores
- "Fight for $15" protests sweeping the country
- Been Stiffed On Wages? Hurt On The Job? The White House Wants To Help.
- Walgreens, Rite Aid Push Back Merger Deadline
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update - June 25, 2015
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, May 1, 2015
- Raley’s and Safeway Negotiation Update, March 5, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update, October 29, 2014
- Negotiations Update for Save Mart/Lucky and Safeway/Vons, October 10, 2014