If the retailer would only sink the millions it spends on P.R. into improving the wages of its workers ...
The UFCW Western States Council, along with members and leaders from Locals 5, 8, 135, 324, 648, 770, 1167, 1428, and 1442, recently went to the State Capitol in Sacramento to lobby California legislators about issues important to working families.
More than 100 workers, labor leaders, community activists, students, and clergy members gathered outside a South Los Angeles El Super store last week to demand a fair contract for union grocery workers employed by the chain. Workers at seven El Super stores across California, Nevada and Arizona currently have a union voice on the job. The workers are fighting for a fair contract that will raise standards across the 45-store grocery chain.
- UFCW 8-Golden State Says Sanctity of Contract Top Priority in Cerberus Acquisition of Safeway
- Kroger might bid for all of Safeway
- A City Unites to Demand Better From Its Largest Employer
- Report: Walgreens Gave Wrong Flu Vaccine to Children
- Medical Marijuana Workers Have The Same Labor Rights As Everyone Else, Feds Say
- Multi-product beef recall from WinCo and other employers
- After UAW Loss In Chattanooga, Retail Union Notches Victory Over Tennessee's Haslam Family
- Protecting Detroit's Pensioners Protects American Values
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update - June 25, 2015
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, May 1, 2015
- Raley’s and Safeway Negotiation Update, March 5, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update, October 29, 2014
- Negotiations Update for Save Mart/Lucky and Safeway/Vons, October 10, 2014