UFCW/RWDSU staff and members are joining allies and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio in support of the passage of a new bill that they are framing as an expansion of the “Living Wage” law enacted in 2012. The new bill would bar retail tenants in developments that receive city subsidies from opposing efforts from workers to organize and join a union. In return, union members would promise not to picket the stores or call for work stoppages.
A new study reveals that Walmart puts online consumers’ personal data at risk, due to the limited standards Walmart requires for users’ passwords. Walmart was named among the lowest-ranked companies evaluated in the study, with a score of -35, on a scale from -100 to 100, where 100 is the best.
By Joe Hansen, President of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union – HuffingtonPost.com, Feb 10, 2014 - President Obama's focus on income inequality during his State of the Union address, along with his intention to raise wages for federal contract workers, was a step forward for the low-wage workers across the country that have been fighting for better wages and benefits. While Congress continues to block President Obama's effort to increase the federal minimum wage, workers have taken the lead in tackling income inequality by sticking together and challenging big corporations to change the way they do business.
The unions and Save Mart met again on Friday, January 31. During the negotiation session, the company made proposals which still do not recognize the needs of the membership of UFCW 8-Golden State. Your Union has been clear, the needs of the membership must be met in order to reach a contract settlement agreement.
- Decades of Greed: Behind the Scenes With An Angry Walmart Manager
- Costco pays more ... because it can
- Save Mart Negotiations Update, Jan. 21, 2014
- Negotiations Update for Members at Lucky and Save Mart Stores
- Save Mart Negotiations Update, Nov. 15, 2013
- Save Mart Signs Contract Extension; Includes Lucky Stores
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update - June 25, 2015
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, May 1, 2015
- Raley’s and Safeway Negotiation Update, March 5, 2015
- Food Maxx Negotiations Update, October 29, 2014
- Negotiations Update for Save Mart/Lucky and Safeway/Vons, October 10, 2014