WASHINGTON - February 27, 2014 - The next time a pot shop gets a visit from the feds, it won't necessarily be from drug enforcement agents looking to shut the operation down. It might just come from workplace regulators making sure that labor laws are being followed. Such is the federal government's deeply conflicted approach to marijuana these days.
More Rancho Beef Products Recalled for Adulteration - More products have joined the recall of Rancho Feeding Corporation products. That facility processed “diseased and unsound animals” without the benefit of federal inspection, according to the USDA. These products may have been made from meat processed at the Rancho Feeding Corporation facility.
February 25, 2014 - WASHINGTON -- Gov. Bill Haslam (R) and other Tennessee Republicans scored a major victory earlier this month when the United Auto Workers lost their closely watched bid to unionize a Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga. But less than two weeks after they would have celebrated the UAW vote count, the powerful Haslam family lost a more personal, albeit smaller, face-off with organized labor.
In one remarkable week in January, we saw the introduction of three proposals to expand retirement savings for the half of the workforce not covered by employer-sponsored plans: President Obama's myRA, Senator Tom Harkin's USA Retirement Funds Act, and Senator Bill Nelson and Senator Susan Collins' Retirement Security Act.
- Wal-Mart's profit falls 21%; outlook weak
- Expansion of NYC “Living Wage” Law Set to Help Retail Workers
- Walmart Among Lowest-Ranked Sites According to New Personal Security Report
- Workers Are Leading the Fight Against Income Inequality
- Save Mart Negotiations Update, Feb 10, 2014
- Decades of Greed: Behind the Scenes With An Angry Walmart Manager
- Costco pays more ... because it can
- Save Mart Negotiations Update, Jan. 21, 2014
- Retail Food Negotiation Update, Northern California - January 24, 2019
- Retail Food Negotiation Update, Northern California – December 18, 2018
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, Northern CA - December 5, 2018
- Northern California Retail Food Negotiations Update – November 8, 2018
- UFCW 8 Reaches Tentative Agreement for Yosemite Wholesale and Save Mart Office contracts
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 24, 2018
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 12, 2018
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015