A new study reveals that Walmart puts online consumers’ personal data at risk, due to the limited standards Walmart requires for users’ passwords. Walmart was named among the lowest-ranked companies evaluated in the study, with a score of -35, on a scale from -100 to 100, where 100 is the best.
By Joe Hansen, President of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union – HuffingtonPost.com, Feb 10, 2014 - President Obama's focus on income inequality during his State of the Union address, along with his intention to raise wages for federal contract workers, was a step forward for the low-wage workers across the country that have been fighting for better wages and benefits. While Congress continues to block President Obama's effort to increase the federal minimum wage, workers have taken the lead in tackling income inequality by sticking together and challenging big corporations to change the way they do business.
The unions and Save Mart met again on Friday, January 31. During the negotiation session, the company made proposals which still do not recognize the needs of the membership of UFCW 8-Golden State. Your Union has been clear, the needs of the membership must be met in order to reach a contract settlement agreement.
Gawker.com - We receive quite a few stories from Wal-Mart employees about what life is like inside America's largest employer. But this one comes from a remarkable point of view: a longtime Walmart store manager, who vents in detail about how Walmart has systematically screwed employees over two decades.
Like all of our emails from Walmart employees, this one is anonymous, and represents one person's opinion. But the wealth of detail it contains about the company's management policies is remarkable. In particular, he discusses exactly how compensation and benefit policies have changed to the detriment of employees. We've bolded some of the parts we find most notable. Enjoy:
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, Northern CA - December 5, 2018
- Northern California Retail Food Negotiations Update – November 8, 2018
- UFCW 8 Reaches Tentative Agreement for Yosemite Wholesale and Save Mart Office contracts
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 24, 2018
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 12, 2018
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015