UFCW 8-Golden State and Raley’s Supermarkets have signed an agreement to extend the terms of current labor agreements, including those covering members working Nob Hill Foods and Food Source, at least through Nov. 13. This means Union members’ wage standards, benefits and workplace rules are protected through this stage of the negotiations.
As we proceed with contract negotiations, UFCW 8-Golden State and two of the three major supermarket employers in Northern California — Safeway and Save Mart/Food Maxx/Lucky — have agreements to extend the terms of each of the current labor agreements at least through Nov. 13.
Vast majority also never have meal kits delivered, survey shows
Going by the trends in retail grocery, online ordering of groceries and meal kits likely stand near the top. But by the numbers, the vast majority of Americans are doing neither, a new Gallup poll finds.
California's Supreme Court ruled that employers must pay workers for the time they spend completing off-the-clock tasks, such as locking up after work.
- Rite Aid and Albertsons agree to terminate their merger agreement
- Stater Bros. expands Instacart same-day delivery
- Walmart patents tech that would allow it to eavesdrop on cashiers
- Albertsons spearheads expanded pharmacy services
- The U.S. labor shortage is reaching a critical point
- Dollar stores are thriving – but are they ripping off poor people?
- Amazon beat out Walmart in a deal for a small pharmacy startup — and it shows just how intense the rivalry’s gotten
- Amazon Changing Whole Foods for the Worse
- Retail Food Negotiations Update, Northern CA - December 5, 2018
- Northern California Retail Food Negotiations Update – November 8, 2018
- UFCW 8 Reaches Tentative Agreement for Yosemite Wholesale and Save Mart Office contracts
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 24, 2018
- Northern CA Retail Negotiations Update - October 12, 2018
- Tentative Agreements Reached in Northern California with Save Mart/Lucky and FoodMaxx
- FoodMaxx Negotiations Update – May 13, 2016
- Raley's/Bel Air and Food Maxx Update - October 29, 2015
- Food Maxx, Raley’s and Safeway Negotiations Update - Aug 24, 2015
- Safeway and Raley’s Negotiations Update, July 2, 2015